End-User License Agreement
The EasyAntiCheat EULA is typically embedded in the game's EULA. The following paragraph is the standard template recommended to the game publisher.
Publisher is using EasyAntiCheat anti-cheat service (“EasyAntiCheat”), which is operated by a third-party service provider offering services to Publisher. EasyAntiCheat has a client software (“Client”) that is integrated into the Software Product. When you start a new Game session the Client will automatically load and install its latest version to the Unit. When you are using the Software Product on your Unit EasyAntiCheat is monitoring the Unit, analyzing the Game binaries and scanning the memory of the Unit for the purpose of detecting and preventing cheating in the Game (“Purpose”). For the Purpose EasyAntiCheat is storing information regarding cheating methods used in the Game (“Data”). By installing, copying, or otherwise using this Software Product, you give your consent that EasyAntiCheat may gather, store, share and publish Data for the sole purpose of the Purpose. The Data will be used solely for the Purpose including but not limited to identifying and banning players who are cheating in computer games, analyzing cheating behavior and cheating codes as well as sharing data about cheats with affiliates of EasyAntiCheat. You are entitled to use the Game (i.e. Software Product) only in accordance with these terms and conditions and privacy statement of EasyAntiCheat.
You will find more information about the privacy practices of EasyAntiCheat on the privacy statement of EasyAntiCheat at www.easyanticheat.net/privacy. If you deny EasyAntiCheat to process your personal data in accordance with the said privacy statement or request EasyAntiCheat to remove or delete your personal data, the Publisher, EasyAntiCheat or a third party (appointed by the Publisher or EasyAntiCheat) has a right to block your access to the Game and prevent your use of the Game.
Note that when above template is not embedded in the game‘s EULA, then the EasyAntiCheat EULA is provided by this document.
- Publisher: The legal entity making the license agreement with the end-user.
- Software Product: All video game related software. Many include associated media, printed media, and on-line or electronic documentation.
- Game: Alternative term for Software Product
- Unit: Computer or any other game play device on which the Game is used.
Clarification on Extracts
Loading and Installing
When you start a new Game session the Client will automatically load and install its latest version to the Unit.
During EasyAntiCheat's loading sequence the latest anti–cheat module is being streamed and loaded to the Unit. To find instructions on how to install and uninstall the EasyAntiCheat service, please visit the Knowledge Base.
Monitoring of Unit
When you are using the Software Product on your Unit EasyAntiCheat is monitoring the Unit, analyzing the Game binaries and scanning the memory of the Unit for the purpose of detecting and preventing cheating in the Game (“Purpose”).
EasyAntiCheat only runs when the game is running, and is only concerned with the Unit's memory space relevant to the game process. EasyAntiCheat unloads itself automatically as soon as the game process has exited. To verify the runtime duration, monitor the EasyAntiCheat service status in the Services panel in Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL). Note that if the EasyAntiCheat service is manually stopped prior to the game exiting, it may be so that parts of EasyAntiCheat remain active in memory until the Unit is restarted.
Analysis of Data
For the Purpose EasyAntiCheat is storing information regarding cheating methods used in the Game (“Data”).
We only handle data relevant to the identification of cheats as found in the Unit's runtime memory during online play or as collected by the game server, with the sole purpose of identifying the presence of hack or cheat programs. Other than that, we do not handle or store any data on individual users and have no intent to ever do so. The data does not contain any personally identifiable information. There are three steps in how session specific data is stored and processed.
- Analysis:: Data is sent from the Unit and processed in real–time on our back–end. If nothing abnormal is found, the data is discarded instantly.
- Red flag analysis:: If unknown or suspicious patterns are found, we store those pieces of memory for manual analysis. If the pattern doesn't proof to be a cheat, the Data is discarded usually within one month and at most three months. This means that a delayed ban can be placed up to three months after the offense.
- Known cheat pattern:: The piece of memory is stored indefinitely as evidence. This allows us to reliably re-evaluate bans upon request.
Third–party Data Sharing
The Data will be used solely for the Purpose including but not limited to identifying and banning players who are cheating in computer games, analyzing cheating behavior and cheating codes as well as sharing data about cheats with affiliates of EasyAntiCheat.
We see two ways in which we may end up sharing Data with third parties.
- The game developer can use our online service portal and query our web API with GUIDs to get the ban status. We provide ban reason, ban time, and the IP of the game server on which the initial detection occurred.
- We may hire services that could be considered as 3rd party, e.g. subcontractors. The purpose is to develop competent anti–cheat software. Any 3rd party is required to follow the same privacy policies as EasyAntiCheat. As we do not store any data sensitive to ones personal privacy, we cannot and do not share such data with any 3rd party.
For the Sake of Clarity
Throughout history several anti–cheat solutions have gained a reputation of being invasive to the end–user privacy, and have thereby given the entire sector a bad name. We see countering cheating as a fight based on merit and coding excellence, not one of witch hunts and assumptions. We guarantee you that we do not get involved with screenshots, keylogging, or scanning your hard disk. We are not interested in anything that is personal to you as an individual.